Friday, June 5, 2009

De Bortoli Wine Night at CHPRSL June 2009

Last night we had a great time doing another well received wine dinner at work This time we had De Bortoli wines which we matched 5 great courses to. If anybody asks me to make pastry any time soon I am going to kick them hard!!LOL 3kg of puff pastry which I haven't made since TAFE and 3kg of short crust for tarts. The tarts looked great as we decided to grate the pastry and then press it in to the tins so it had this wonderful textural look to the cases.

Shortcrust tart filled with Jerusalem Artichokes, Baby Leek and Baby Fennel.



Prawn Bisque with Quenelles of Lobster.


House Smoked Duck on Celeriac Discs with a Broad Bean Puree and Tamarillo Jus.(one of my ideas)


Slow Cooked Beef Cheeks with Seasonal Root Vegetables and Red Wine Jus.


Tarte Tatin of Apple and Rhubarb with Vanilla Bean Icecream(my other idea).




Assorted before and during shots.

No comments: